The Tableau Destination Component is an SSIS Data Flow Component for loading data into a Tableau Data Extract (TDE) file. The configuration parameters are provided in the standard Data Flow Component dialogs.
2.2 Starting in Tableau 10.5 to use the component for .hyper format files, you will need to download the Hyper API package for C++ and then extract the contents of the
bin sub-folder to
C:\Program Files (x86)\COZYROC\SSIS\TDE64\. The newest package from Tableau only support 64-bit machines, so make sure you execute it in a 64-bit process.
In this section we will show you how to set up a Tableau Destination component.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured the Tableau Destination component.
In this section we will show you how to set up a Tableau Destination component and update data in a Tableau .hyper file.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured the Tableau Destination component to perform update against a Tableau .hyper file.
The steps for Delete data in a Tableau .hyper file are the same. You only must select Delete action in component Custom Properties.
Use the parameters below to configure the component.
Select an existing File connection manager.
Related Topics: File Connection Manager
Indicate the destination table where the data is to be loaded.
Select table collation.
Select the destination resource action. This property has the options listed in the following table.
Action Description Create Create new records in the destination REST resource. Update Update existing records in the destination REST resource. You must specify the appropriate primary keys for the update to work. Delete Delete existing records in the destination REST resource. You must specify the appropriate primary keys for the delete to work.
Select primary keys to match records for Update/Delete action.
- Where can I find the documentation for the Tableau Destination?
- How to install the Legacy Extract API for .tde files.
- New: Support for the latest Hyper API package at https://tableau.github.io/hyper-db/docs/releases/# .
- New: Support for the updating/deleting rows in a .hyper file (using the latest Hyper API)
- New: A new DestinationTable parameter specifying where to load data.
- Fixed: Incorrect inclusion of excluded columns in a dynamic data flow.
- New: Component now provides better diagnostic information when required third-party modules are not properly deployed.
- New: Support for newer Tableau SDK modules.
- New: Support for Tableau 10.5 Hyper.
- New: Introduced component.