Before installing the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite, please check below for its compatibility with SQL Server, Visual Studio and SSDT. Installing software that is compatible with the SSIS+ Suite before you begin will ensure a much smoother and more rewarding experience, free from unnecessary delays.
Note that the SSIS+ Suite will need to be installed on any machines where you will be designing SSIS packages that use COZYROC SSIS+ components. It will also need to be installed on any Servers where you plan to schedule and execute SSIS packages that contain SSIS+ components.
|COZYROC SSIS+||Supported versions of SQL Server||Supported versions of Visual Studio|
|1.9||2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008, 2005||2019, 2017, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2005|
|1.8||2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008, 2005||2017*, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2005|
|1.7||2016, 2014, 2012, 2008, 2005||2015**, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2005|
|1.6||2014, 2012, 2008, 2005||2013, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2005|
|1.5||2008, 2005||2008, 2005|
|1.4||2008, 2005||2008, 2005|
|1.3||2008, 2005||2008, 2005|
* SSIS+ 1.8 in Visual Studio 2017 is not supported in SSDT 15.8.1 or later (i.e. SSDT with SQL Server 2019 support)
** SSIS+ 1.7 in Visual Studio 2015 is not supported in SSDT 17.0 or later (i.e. SSDT with SQL Server 2017 support)
|SQL Server||Supported versions of Visual Studio|
|2014||2017, 2015, 2013, 2012|
|2012||2017, 2015, 2012, 2010|
SSDT Downloads and Compatibility
The following table is provided to help ensure proper installation and configuration of your environment, but most importantly, ensure that COZYROC SSIS+ Suite will successfully work. Although SSDT is downward compatible, not every SQL Sever version is supported. In order to avoid compatibility issues, installed the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite recommended for the SSDT version.
|SSDT||Visual Studio||Download||Build Number||Release Date||SQL Server||COZYROC SSIS+|
|16.0.0||2019||SSDT for VS2019 16.0.0||15.0.1300.375||4/15/2019||2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019||1.9+|
|15.9.1||2017||SSDT for VS2017 15.9.1||14.0.16191.0||4/27/2019||2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019||1.9+|
|15.9.0||2017||SSDT for VS2017 15.9.0||14.0.16186.0||1/28/2019||2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019||1.9+|
|15.8.2||2017||SSDT for VS2017 15.8.2||14.0.16182.0||11/5/2018||2014, 2016, 2017, 2019||1.9+|
|15.8.0||2017||SSDT for VS2017 15.8.0||14.0.16174.0||9/5/2018||2012, 2014, 2016, 2017||1.8+|
|15.7.1||2017||SSDT for VS2017 15.7.1||14.0.16167.0||7/2/2018||2012, 2014, 2016, 2017||1.8+|
|15.7.0||2017||SSDT for VS2017 15.7.0||14.0.16165.0||6/4/2018||2012, 2014, 2016, 2017||1.8+|
|15.6.0||2017||SSDT for VS2017 15.6.0||14.0.16162.0||4/10/2018||2012, 2014, 2016, 2017||1.8+|
|17.4.0||2015||SSDT for VS2015 17.4.0||14.0.61712.050||Unavailable||2012, 2014, 2016, 2017||1.8+|
|17.3.0||2015||SSDT for VS2015 17.3.0||14.0.61709.290||Unavailable||2012, 2014, 2016, 2017||1.8+|
|16.5.0||2015||SSDT for VS2015 16.5.0||14.0.61021.0||10/20/2016||2012, 2014, 2016||1.7+|
|16.5.0||2013||SSDT for VS2013 16.5.0||12.0.61021.0||10/26/2016||2014||1.6+|
Note: Before installing SSDT for Visual Studio 2017 (15.9.1), uninstall Analysis Services Projects and Reporting Services Projects extensions if they are already installed, and close all VS instances. All release notes related to SSDT for SQL Server 2017 can be found at this link.
Your computer must have the following minimum requirements in order to use the COZYROC SSIS+ Components Suite:
- Windows 10 version 1507 or higher: Home, Professional, Education, and Enterprise (LTSC and S are not supported)
- Windows Server 2016: Standard and Datacenter
- Windows 8.1 (with Update 2919355): Core, Professional, and Enterprise
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (with Update 2919355): Essentials, Standard, Datacenter
- Windows 7 SP1 (with latest Windows Updates): Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate
- 1.8 GHz or faster processor. Dual-core or better recommended
- 2 GB of RAM; 4 GB of RAM recommended (2.5 GB minimum if running on a virtual machine)
- Hard disk space: up to 130 GB of available space, depending on features installed; typical installations require 20-50 GB of free space.
- Hard disk speed: to improve performance, install Windows and Visual Studio on a solid state drive (SSD).
- Video card that supports a minimum display resolution of 720p (1280 by 720); Visual Studio will work best at a resolution of WXGA (1366 by 768) or higher.
After reading through the End User License Agreement, Click the Checkbox to acknowledge that you accept the terms in the License Agreement and Click on the Next button to continue.
Note: the Custom Setup dialog window will appear, which will allow you to specify what SQL Server versions you would like to install.
To enable the COZYROC SSIS+ Components Suite in your Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), follow these steps:
- Open BIDS
- Open any SSIS package
- Open your Toolbox
- Right-Click with your mouse anywhere in the Toolbox and select Choose Items from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the SSIS Control Flow Items tab in the dialog
- Find the SSIS+ tasks you would like to use in the list and select it by placing a check in the checkbox next to it.
Verifying the COZYROC SSIS+ Release
The existing release of the COZYROC SSIS+ Suite can easily be identified through the License Application, which is installed during setup. The License Application is used to retrieve and/or remove the license key.
- From the Windows Start Menu, locate the COZYROC SSIS+ program and then Click to expand the sub-menu.
Right-Click on the highest release available of the License Application and run as administrator (See Figure-01).
Note: when the COZYROC License window appears, you find the release toward the bottom left corner (See Figure-02).
Verifying the SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) Release
One method in how to verify your current SSDT release is through the Control Panel ➡ Programs ➡ Programs and Features. Programs that are installed on your server are tracked and/or listed under the Programs and Features, which can be accessed through Control Panel.
- From the Windows Start Menu, locate the Windows System folder and then Click to expand the sub-menu.
- Click on the Control Panel (See Figure-04).
- Click on Program and then Click on Programs and Features.
- When the Program and Features Window appears, scroll down and locate the program Microsoft SQL Data Tools - Visual Studio 2017 (See Figure-05).
Using the above Compatibility Chart for SSDT, look up the build number to identify the release of SSDT.
Note: although Visual Studio provides version information, the information associated with SSDT can't help identify the accurate build number and/or release installed (See Figure-06).
Verifying the SQL Server Version
- Within a new Query window in SSMS, execute the SQL select statement 'SELECT @@version'.