SSIS is Microsoft's premier enterprise-grade ETL platform. Over the years it has gained a huge market share due to its reliability, excellent performance and the availability of third-party addons that enable connecting to a plethora of systems and applications. But SSIS has one major limitation, being primarily a scheduled, batch processing system. Out of the box, it doesn't support event-triggered data and application integration. To be able to support near real-time data processing, companies are forced to either use workarounds or look outside SSIS. So far, the following options have been available:
- Schedule SSIS package execution often, the unfortunate result being increased resource use if there is no data to be processed.
- Use other systems like BizTalk to handle the external events.
- Implement non-trivial custom solutions for a bridge that could initiate processing based on an event.
COZYROC is happy to introduce SSIS NoW technology that aims to fill this gap and make it easy to support event-triggered execution for near real-time data processing. Its key features include:
- Support for webhooks and the ability to use other trigger APIs.
- Reliable events handling with the use of message queuing technology.
- Scalable, distributed package execution for handling a large number of events.
- "Warm-start" package execution for optimal performance.
We believe this new technology increases SSIS platform capabilities even further. SSIS NoW is immediately available for use by all COZYROC SSIS+ Ultimate subscription customers. There is no additional cost to be paid.
We have one announcement to make:
- Starting on December 1st, 2019 the cost of one SSIS+ Ultimate subscription will be $799/year for new subscriptions. The price for existing subscribers stays the same, as long as their subscriptions are kept current.
The COZYROC Team