The Lookup Plus Component is an SSIS Data Flow Component providing enhanced functionality as compared to the standard SSIS Lookup component. To simplify your data flows, the component allows multiple lookup definitions in the same dialog and definition of values when the input cannot be matched or when it is undefined. In addition the Lookup Plus component supports a variety of connection types as a source, making it quite versatile.
Use the Main dialog parameters below to configure the Lookup Plus component for processing.
Specify the component name.
Specify the component description.
The lookup definitions are set up in the lookup definition grid.
- Use the refresh command to update the lookup definitions with the latest metadata.
Select input column for lookup key.
Set up lookup reference.
Related Topics: Reference Setup
Specify the lookup result output column name.
Specify the output value when the input is undefined.
Specify the output value when the input doesn't produce a match.
The reference setup dialog is used to create the lookup source. Three source types are available: table or view, SQL query and package variable.
Select the connection type. This parameter has the options listed in the following table.
Value Description OLEDB Use the OLEDB Connection Manager for the Connection option. ADO Use the ADO Connection Manager for the Connection option. ADO.NET Use the ADO.NET Connection Manager for the Connection option. CACHE+ Use the Distributed Cache Connection Manager for the Connection option. 1.5 SR-1
Select an existing connection manager.
Select an existing table or view as the lookup source.
Specify an SQL statement as the lookup source. Use 1.5 SR-1 to create an SSIS expression.
Select an existing package variable as the lookup source. Supported object types are as follows:
Value Description String A variable contains an SQL statement. The first selected column will be used as the key and the second selected column will be used as the value. IDictionary Any object implementing this interface.
Related Topics: Dictionary Destination script, Range Dictionary Destination script.
Recordset ADO Recordset object. The first selected column will be used as the key and the second selected column will be used as the value. DataSet ADO.NET DataSet object. It will use the first table. The first selected column will be used as the key and the second selected column will be used as the value.
Select the lookup source key column.
Select the lookup source value column.
You can match multiple columns using the Lookup Plus component. See the steps below for one possible solution:
- Create a new data flow. This data flow will build a lookup reference dictionary and store it in a package variable.
- Insert a data flow source component.
- Insert the Checksum Transform script after the component from step 2 to create a unique CRC32 value for the match input columns.
- Insert the Dictionary Destination script after the component from step 3. For the key, select the input column containing the CRC32 value. For the value, specify the appropriate reference column. Store the resulting dictionary object in a package variable.
- Create another data flow, which will do the lookup and matching.
- Insert the data flow source with the data that is to be matched.
- Insert the Checksum Transform script after the component from step 6 to create a unique CRC32 value for the required input columns.
- Insert the Lookup Plus component. As the key, specify the input column containing the CRC32 value. In the reference dialog, select the "From Variable" option. Set it to the variable you created in step 4.
Existing packages containing Lookup Plus component and designed with SSIS+ 1.5 or older version are incompatible with SQL 2012. To have successful upgrade follow these steps:
- Install SSIS+ 1.6 or newer on a machine where you have existing packages designed with SQL 2005 or 2008.
- Open the existing package containing Lookup Plus component and re-save.
The saved package will now contain SQL 2012 compatible data and the package is ready for upgrade.
- Fixed: Failed with error "Column data type DT_STR is not supported by the PipelineBuffer class" when trying to process input columns of type DT_STR (Thank you, Megha).
- New: Ability to reference input columns in On NULL and No Match definitions.
- Fix: Failed to find item if input column and lookup key column types didn't match.
- New: Component now uses multi-threaded lookups loading.
- New: Component now supports SQL statement from variable.
- New: Component now supports binary array as key.
- New: Component now supports SSIS expressions in the query statement.
- New: Introduced component.
Ready to give it a try?
COZYROC SSIS+ Components Suite is free for testing in your development environment.