Dynamics CRM Source
This SSIS Data Flow Component retrieves data from the Dynamics CRM service.
- The Input type can be either an entity or a FetchXml statement.
- The configuration parameters are provided in the standard data flow source component dialog.
- The source can be dynamically modified at runtime using an SSIS expression.
In this section we will show you how to set up a Dynamics CRM Source component.
- Before you begin, configure a Dynamics CRM connection manager.
- Drag the Data Flow Task from the SSIS Toolbox to the Control Flow canvas.
- Click the Data Flow tab to go to the Data Flow canvas.
- In the SSIS Toolbox, locate the Dynamics CRM Source component and drag it onto the Data Flow canvas.
- Double-click on the component on the canvas.
- Once the component editor opens, select the connection manager you configured earlier from the Connection drop-down list.
- For Input, either select Entity or Statement.
- If you selected Entity, then select the entity you want to work with from the drop-down list.
- If you selected Statement, then compose a FetchXML statement to retrieve the entity and records you want from the source.
- Click OK to close the component editor.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured the Dynamics CRM Source component.
Use the parameters below to configure the component.
Select an existing Dynamics CRM connection manager.
Related Topics: Dynamics CRM Connection Manager
Specify the number of rows to be retrieved as a batch. The maximum is 500.
Specify the input type. This parameter has the options listed in the following table.
Value Description Entity The input type is a Dynamics CRM entity. Selecting this value displays the dynamic parameter Entity. FetchXML The input type is a FetchXML query. Selecting this value displays the dynamic parameter FetchXML.After changing the input type, you must use the Refresh command in the 'Column Mappings' tab to reload the source entity metadata.
Select the Dynamics CRM data entity.
Specify the FetchXML statement. Select to design your query in the standard Advanced Find dialog.Advanced Find is not available in CRM 3.0
- Where can I find the documentation for the Dynamics CRM Source?
- When setting sort/order in FetchXML on Dynamics CRM Source, the component returns only the number of rows set in batch size
- Error Message:Combined execution time of incoming requests exceeded limit of 1200000 milliseconds over time window of 300 seconds.
- When I try to select entity in Dynamics CRM Source component I get error: "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it". Dynamics CRM Connection Manager 'Test Connection' command works fine.
- Error Message: Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: ''
- Fixed: Component truncated timestamp from Date-only formatted attributes.
- Fixed: Component returned date-only attributes incorrectly in UTC (Thank you, Maurizio).
- Fixed: Component failed with error "The top attribute can't be specified with paging attribute page" when FetchXML
topelement was used (Thank you, Cosmin).
- Fixed: Component incorrectly converted input UTC datetime columns to local time. This broke backwards compatibility for existing packages (Thank you, Saritha).
- New: Component setup dialog now includes data Preview tab.
- Fixed: Component didn't handle type attributes for Customer fields correctly (Thank you, Siraj).
- Fixed: Component failed when specified FetchXml statement contained apostrophe (') symbol (Thank you, Andrew).
- Fixed: Component created duplicate column names when using FetchXml statement containing link-entity element with reference to the same entity with two different aliases (Thank you, Andrew).
- Fixed: Component failed with error "An error occurred while parsing EntityName..." when input data contained invalid activity party email address (Thank you, Nicholas).
- Fixed: Component failed to read BooleanManagedProperty attributes (Thank you, John).
- Fixed: Component was inefficient when retrieving from activities in system with millions of activity party records (Thank you, Allen).
- Fixed: Component did not handle aliased values in CRM 2011 (Thank you, Yatik).
- Fixed: Component now handles better FetchXML statements containing linked entities.
- Fixed: Failed when certain FetchXML statements were specified (Thank you, Jamal).
- New: Component can now retrieve data from StringMap and ListMember entities.
- New: Component now provide better error diagnostic information.
- Fixed: Fixes to support Dynamics CRM 2011.
- Introduced component.