The REST Source Component is an SSIS Data Flow Component for consuming data from REST services.
Use the General page of the REST Source dialog to specify the source REST resource.
Select the COZYROC REST connection manager.
Related Topics: REST Connection Manager
Select a REST resource as the source.
Specify the number of rows to be retrieved as a batch. Default is 200.
Specify additional custom metadata.
Specify one or more filters for the data retrieval. A grid with filters help is displayed under the filter's entry grid.
Specify the maximum number of records to retrieve.
Use the Columns page to specify which columns are to be processed from the source REST resource and to specify new names for the columns being processed, if desired.
This table lists the columns, by name, that are available to be processed from the source REST resource. If there are columns that you do not want to process, uncheck them from the list.
Shows the columns that will be processed from the source REST resource based on the columns selected in the Available External Columns list.
This shows the column name that will be used during processing. The name of any column may be changed by typing over the text in this list. Each name must be unique.
Use the Error Output page to select error handling options for the columns.
View the name of the data source.
View the selected source column.
Specify what should happen when an error occurs: ignore the failure, redirect the row, or fail the component.
Related Topics: Handling Errors in Data
Specify what should happen when a truncation occurs: ignore the failure, redirect the row, or fail the component.
View a description of the error.
The source resource and filters are available in the data flow properties list. Follow these steps to set up an expression:
- Right-click on the data flow canvas and select the Properties menu.
- Scroll down and find the property named like [REST Source].[Resource]. This is the property containing the resource.
- Scroll down and find the property named like [REST Source].[ResourceParameter]. This is the property containing the resource parameters. The property is a string combination with format [name]=[value]. Each value is separated with a newline (\n).
- Scroll down and find the Expressions property. Set up an expression to modify the resource or parameters dynamically.
The composite record output contains not only fields from the composite record, but also the parent records. The output will be populated with sets of rows, one set for each parent record. Each set of rows is separated with blank row (all NULLs).
For additional information about modelling of composite records in SSIS+, please refer to this article.
- New: A new parameter Endpoint to explicitly specify the endpoint used for data retrieval.
- New: Usability improvements in the UI for managing parameters.
- New: A design-time log, accessible via a new 'View Log' button (for troubleshooting purposes).
- New: Enhancements in the logging output.
- Fixed: Unable to resize columns in Preview tab.
- Fixed: Failed with error "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Byte' to type 'Jurassic.Library.ObjectInstance'" when trying to read certain fields (Thank you, Gaurav).
- New: Component setup dialog now includes data Preview tab.
- New: Introduced component.
Ready to give it a try?
COZYROC SSIS+ Components Suite is free for testing in your development environment.